Do you ever feel like just quitting the 9 to 5 and following your passion? To have a job that you love and enjoy? Well, Digital Fabric Solutions (DFS) can help you turn your budding art or design passion project into a fully-fledged entrepreneurial business.
We supply a small meterage for young entrepreneurs starting a new business in textiles, with an excellent range of home décor fabrications. In this way, we help you unravel your hidden talents and turn them into a profitable suite of products.
Test your idea with a 3m sample strike-off. Once you finetune your product development you can proceed to a bulk order of 100m or more, over as many designs as you like. There is no restriction with colour or design.
Home décor products that can be made from our fabric bases include tea towels, napkins, tablecloths, runners, bags and tablecloths. Photographic art on fabric is also a popular trend (see image below). These prints make excellent tablecloths and tea towels for interior decorations. We boast the best colour yield and vibrancy of print ideal for photographic art.
If you’d like a closer look at the fabrics, we courier free samples to your door at a cost of R138 including VAT. Or you can collect your samples from our factory. Other luxury products that can be made from our home décor fabric range include hats and bags.
We offer the following fabric bases in polyester and cotton:
- Cotton canvas 275gsm
- Cotton slub 180gsm
- Cotton slub 260gsm
- Cotton twill 320gsm
- Cotton linen 250gsm
- Cotton linen 260gsm
- Polyester mini mat 110gsm
- Polyester slub 220gsm
- Polyester slub 320gsm
- Poly velvet 220gsm
How to launch your dream brand in the sportswear industry
Digital printing has revolutionised the textile industry. According to Toni McQuilken, the most important benefit of digital textile production is that it is profitable to produce small to medium runs of up to several thousand pieces, and immediately change print designs without setup costs and delays.
Stock levels can be reduced thanks to this ability to print on demand and in small quantities. This leads to savings for both manufacturer and client.
One of the industries that benefit most from these advances in technology has been the fashion industry. The simple workflows and the ability to print on demand from the file mean that companies can carry less stock, reduce their storage costs and get to market faster. Fast-fashion houses and high-end designers alike can now produce more affordable trial runs, meaning more designs can be tested.
These include being able to quickly respond to fashion trends and reduced setup costs. So why not start your own designer brand with our vast range of luxurious fabrics for apparel and sportswear? Whether it’s for kids, teenagers, ladies or menswear we have the fabrications you require all under one roof.
Here is our list of apparel fabric bases:
- Poly American crepe 90gsm
- Poly chiffon 70gsm
- Cotton satin 170gsm
- Poly georgette 115gsm
- Poly satin 120gsm
- Poly twill 90gsm
- Cotton poplin 100gsm
- Silk 60gsm
- Rayon viscose 105gsm
- Poly wool peach 100gsm
- Poly yoryo light 40gsm
- Cotton twill 175gsm
Here is our list of sportswear fabric bases:
- Poly fleece 240gsm
- Poly jersey knit 175gsm
- Poly Lycra 215gsm
- Poly mesh 110gsm
- Poly wicking 145gsm
- Poly scuba 350gsm
What sets us apart from other digital fabric printers?
- We are the first and only completely vertical digital textile printer in Africa with the ability to achieve almost all requirements in house
- We have the largest stock holding of fabrics ready for printing on cotton and polyester, and our competitive pricing makes it easier for new brands to enter the market
- We have increased our print capacity by investing in the latest machine software to meet the demand for short lead times and quick response to the continuously changing market trends and demands for textiles
- We have installed state of the art updated colour matching technology that can achieve a colour gamut of one million colours in the spectrum
- We have the flexibility to do small sample runs from 3m to test colours and give you the opportunity to make up your desired garment
- We print any number of designs to a minimum order size of 100m
- Our excellent print quality and competitive pricing for textile printing gives you limitless opportunities to grow your business
- Our industry approved in-house quality control lab tests every order for wash fastness and shrinkage
- We only use eco-friendly dyes and chemicals from reputable multi-nationals while our effluent treatment plant purifies water before discharge
Placing an order at DFS is easy:
Step 1: Receive a sample pack of our latest sample fabric swatches
Step 2: Order a 3m sample strike of your chosen fabrics by filling in our customer purchase order
Step 3: Once your sample strike is approved you can email your bulk order by completing our customer purchase order template
Other tips when placing an order:
- Our experienced and knowledgeable team will guide you step by step through the process of choosing the correct fabric to match your product
- After a 3m strike is approved, make up the desired garment before placing a bulk order
- Make sure your file names match the purchase order, use descriptive names like peacock glory for seamless recognition by the print team. We can change flat colours if you provide Pantone colours
- Minimum of 100m over as many designs and colourways as you like!
- Fabric width varies from 140cm to 150cm
- Lead times: 10 to 12 working days for sample strikes and 20 working days for bulk.
Finding inspiration for your designs
Need some more inspiration for your apparel or sportswear fabric design? You can use a designer or alternatively a cost-effective way to get started include is to browse the patterns, illustrations and backgrounds on the following high-quality royalty-free image websites:
If you’re a designer, entrepreneur or creative, Digital Fabric Solutions is the one-stop-shop for start-up businesses to turn your talent into a profitable suite of products. Contact us for help in getting started.